Rikard Drakenlordh, forskningsassistent i historia, förordnad 27/10-14
Rikard Drakenlordh, born in 1967, has a past as an officer in the Swedish army. In 1999 he graduated fr
om the University in Linköping with an MA in Cultural Sciences, majoring in History. Since 2000 he has been working as a teacher in History, Swedish and English. In July 2013, Rikard was accepted as a part-time/distance PhD student in History at Bath Spa University. He is researching British-Swedish Diplomatic Relations in the Era of the American Revolution, 1773-1783, focusing on the diplomatic problems that arose during the Russo-Turkish War, the smuggling to the American colonies from the freeport Marstrand, the effects of the Armed Neutrality in 1780, and the Swedish trade treaty with the U.S. in 1783.
Rikard is also researching Charles XII and his involvement with the Jacobite Madagascar pirates in 1717 and the possibility of Swedish military support of James Edward Stuart, known as the “Old Pretender”, and the re-instatement of the same on the British throne.
· Andra Världskrigets Aktörer (Lund, 2001 and 2003), translated into Finnish and Danish in 2004.
Conferences where Rikard has given talks:
· Splendid Encounters II, Downside Abbey, Bath, 5-6 April 2014: The Diplomatic Problem of the Freeport Marstrand, 1776-1777.
· Historikermötet i Stockholm, 8-10 May 2014: The Diplomatic Problem of the Freeport Marstrand, 1776-1777.
· Splendid Encounters III, European University Institute, Florence, Italy, 5-6 March 2015: Charles the XII and the Jacobite Pirates of Madagascar.
· Royal Historical Society
· Premodern Diplomats Network
· British Society for Eighteenth Century Studies
· Institute of Historical Research
· Carolingian Society
· Strömstad Akademi
Follow me on Twitter: @Drakenlordh
Follow me on Academia.edu: https://bathspa.academia.edu/RikardDrakenlordh
Mobile: +46 (0)76 116 03 59